Re: RFC: support for "first boot" rc.d scripts

From: Tim Kientzle <kientzle_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:33:39 -0700
Wonderful!  This capability is long overdue.

On Oct 13, 2013, at 3:58 PM, Colin Percival <cperciva_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> As examples of what such scripts could do:

More examples:

I've been experimenting with putting "gpart resize" and "growfs"
into rc.d scripts to construct images that can be dd'ed onto some medium
and then automatically grow to fill the medium.

When cross-installing ports, there are certain operations
(e.g., updating 'info' database) that can really only be
done after the system next boots.

> I'd like to get this into HEAD in the near future in the hope that I can
> convince re_at_ that this is a simple enough (and safe enough) change to merge
> before 10.0-RELEASE.

Please.

Tim