Re: iconv in base breaks multiple ports

From: Tilman Keskinöz <arved_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 13:18:55 +0200
hi Ulrich,

* Ulrich Spörlein [Sun, 20 Oct 2013 20:27:23 +0200]:
> ever since that iconv thing replaced the ports version, I run into
> trouble with several ports that I have installed on a -CURRENT (now
> stable/10 system).
>
> These are not compile-time errors, but crashes or limited functionality
> where I blame iconv :)
>

> 1. www/newsbeuter crashes during startup, somewhere in the stfl code
> that deals with wide char functions.
>

> Is my system hexed? I've rebuilt the ports/packages a dozen times now.
> Am I seeing ghosts?

I don't run Current, but according to the pkg-fallout mails i am
receiving, newsbeuter shouldn't even compile on CURRENT. Maybe there are
some stale files on your system?

There is also an update in the PR system, you might want to try,
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/182896