Re: newcons comming

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 00:49:10 +0800
On 10/25/13 9:29 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Erm, I don't think this is really ready for -HEAD yet?

certainly not ready for 10..
but that doesn't mean it can not be in 10.1
the existing console will still be there as default, and if this
truely is a big step forward, people will start using it in 10.1 and
it can be in 11 as a default.

I think it's too late for this to be in 10.0

> -adrian
>

> On 25 October 2013 06:04, Aleksandr Rybalko <ray_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 15:18:47 +0300
>> Aleksandr Rybalko <ray_at_ddteam.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello fellow hackers!
>>>
>>> I finally reach the point when I can work with newcons instead of
>>> syscons on my laptop. Yes, I know it still buggy and have a lot of
>>> style(9) problems. But we really have to get it into HEAD and 10.0 to
>>> enable shiny new Xorg features, drivers, etc.
>>>
>>> So I ask everyone to look "hard" into that[1] and tell me your opinion.
>>> I expect a lot of opinions, since it have to affect almost all good
>>> guys, as result I have to ask to split "bug reports" into two parts:
>>> 1. Should be done before merge to 10.0;
>>> 2. Can be done later.
>>>
>>> If it possible, please do it(review - report) ASAP.
>>> I have plan to done it that way:
>>> 1. Merge newcons to head (in a few days);
>>> 2. Fix a lot of reported bugs (2 hrs :-D );
>>> 3. Persuade re_at_ about we need it in 10.0 (one week, maybe two);
>>> 4. Merge to 10.0;
>>> 5. One year AFK somewhere on Bahamas;^W^W^W^W^W^W^W
>>> 5. Add mouse cut-paste support;
>>> 6. Fix new bugs;