Re: newcons comming

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 11:55:26 -0700
I think the best thing to do is address kib's issues and whatever else pops
up in the review, then add it into -HEAD as the non-default console type.

What I'd hate to see is some build time dependency where xorg _requires_
you to run newcons in order to run X. Well, at least just right now.

I have a whole bunch of older hardware that I won't have access to for a
couple more weeks (old netbooks, thinkpads, etc) that I'd like to run
newcons and the latest xorg builds on, just to make sure we haven't broken
things for stuff circa 2005-2006. There's still a lot of that stuff out
there and right now xorg+console works fine for those.

Thanks,

-adrian