Re: svn commit: r255715 - head/usr.bin/calendar

From: Matthew D. Fuller <fullermd_at_over-yonder.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 18:25:34 -0500
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 08:17:50PM +0000 I heard the voice of
Diane Bruce, and lo! it spake thus:

> Log:
>   - calendar uses cpp internally, this diff removes this usage and
>     substitutes a limited subset cpp processor internally.

(I'm sorta guessing at this change being the responsible one, but I
feel pretty safe about it.)

This gave my calendar output heartburn in two different ways.

Firstly, my ~/.calendar/calendar (which I'd long since forgotten even
existed; hadn't been touched since last millennium) had lines like

#include </usr/share/calendar/foo>

which had worked fine previously, but now force-added the path to the
beginning, leading to a long list of

 38152 calendar NAMI "/usr/share/calendar//usr/share/calendar/calendar.birthday"

in the ktrace output.  It could reasonably be argued that it's
coloring outside the lines a bit, but the manpage still speaks as
though it should DTRT.

But the major upshot was that it didn't find any actual files, and so
calendar output nothing and exited without any errors or error code.
That part, doesn't seem so much right; it should at least say
SOMETHING, neh?

But with that tracked down and changed, it now started outputting
stuff.  Too much stuff.  Way too much stuff, in character sets my
xterm didn't know what to do with.  It turns out THAT was a result of
lines in the file like

/* #include <calendar.croatian> */

which cpp properly did nothing with, but the built-in parsing still
sees and processes.  That's definitely buggy...

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd_at_over-yonder.net