Re: FreeBSD 10.0-BETA2 now available

From: Alex Dupre <ale_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:02:45 +0100
Glen Barber ha scritto:
> Important note to freebsd-update(8) users:  Please be sure to follow the
> instructions in the EN-13:04.freebsd-update errata notice here before
> upgrading the system to 10.0-BETA2:

I'd say these instructions extracted partially from the advisory are
very very confusing as written. If you have a 8.x or 9.x RELEASE all you
have to do is updating to the latest minor-release-patchset and then do
a 'freebsd-update upgrade -r 10.0-BETA2', like for every other major
release upgrade.
I don't know who will manually patch a binary update tool if it's
building FreeBSD from sources, but anyway it should be the last note
while in the announcement it seems to be the only way to do the upgrade.

--
Alex Dupre