Re: [RFC] libdispatch (aka Grand Central Dispatch) in base

From: Freddie Cash <fjwcash_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 19:29:20 -0700
On Oct 29, 2013 7:21 PM, "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske_at_fisglobal.com> wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2013, at 7:17 PM, Freddie Cash wrote:
>

> > On Oct 29, 2013 7:07 PM, "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske_at_fisglobal.com>
wrote:

> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'd like to bring up the discussion for topic..
> > >
> > > Importing libdispatch (aka Apple's Grand Central Dispatch) into base
(contrib?).

> > Hasn't this been done already? There's mention of it in the archives
from 2009/2010. There was a port by Robert Watson et al to 8.1 mentioned in
the quarterly status reports, and indications it would be imported after
8.1-release.

> I knew about the port, and I had heard about previous efforts, but when I
go
> scrounging around HEAD, I can't find it. Let alone older branches.

Hrm, maybe it hasn't been imported yet (Google search of
svnweb.FreeBSD.orgonly shows the ports branch). And looks like the
port hasn't been touched
in 2 years.

I just remembered reading about it and found the quarterly report in my
mail archive.