Re: New iSCSI stack.

From: Edward Tomasz Napierała <trasz_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 14:00:48 +0200
Wiadomość napisana przez Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_freebsd.org> w dniu 5 wrz 2013, o godz. 13:18:
> On 05/09/2013 12:27, Edward Tomasz Napierała wrote:
>> Hello.  At http://people.freebsd.org/~trasz/cfiscsi-20130904.diff you'll find
>> a patch which adds the new iSCSI initiator and target, against 10-CURRENT.
>> To use the new initiator, start with "man iscsictl".  For the target - "man
>> ctld".
>
> Just a naming question: "ctld" could mean anything, I'd parse it as a
> "control deamon" or something like that. Could you name it something
> which reminds the user of iscsi? Like iscsictld?

As the man page says, ctld is "CAM Target Layer / iSCSI target daemon".
Sure, right now it's pretty iSCSI-specific, but it doesn't need to be - it can
be extended to just manage CTL configuration (e.g. for Fibre Channel),
or to support other CTL-backed storage protocols, such as FCoE.

It's just a helper daemon for ctl(4) - thus, ctld(8).  And in case someone
does "man -k iscsi", there is the "iSCSI target" in the manual page title.