Re: AFFECTS: 10-CURRENT users with any port depending on converters/libiconv

From: Guido Falsi <madpilot_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 20:31:48 +0200
On 09/06/13 19:52, Ricardo Campos Passanezi wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 06, 2013 at 10:45:42AM -0700, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
>>> See `config.log' for more details
>>> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>>> Please report the problem to c.petrik.sosa_at_gmail.com [maintainer] and
>>> attach the "/usr/ports/print/cups-client/work/cups-1.5.4/config.log"
>>> including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it
>>> might be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed
>>> on your system (e.g. a /usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
>>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> When I went through this, it was because they were trying to use gcc
>> instead of cc...  and for some reason gcc was getting an error about
>> failing to exec cc1...  I forget if I just reinstalled gcc from base
>> (cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc && make install) or rm'd /usr/local/bin/gcc
>> as my gcc was broken when I chose to force remove libiconv...
>>
>> btw, Just last night I finished rebuilding all the ports after ~24
>> hours...  some of it was portmaster waiting for my input, but still...
>>

> I went through this also and I was able to update (using portupgrade) by
> issuing a:
>
> # portupgrade -f print/cups-base print/cups-image print/cups-client
>
> I'm using the procedure described in UPDATING/20130904.

As Baptiste says we are all terribly sorry about this mess. Unluckily
the situation was messy even before my commit, things were already
breaking due to the iconv in base change. We are trying to catch up.

Also note that enabling WITH_LIBICONV_COMPAT in src.conf before building
world could help alleviate updating problems. This is a bandaid though,
wwill not fix ports trying to link to libiconv.so and will not fix
/usr/local/lib/*.ls files with -liconv hardwired in.

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot_at_FreeBSD.org>