Re: New iSCSI stack.

From: Edward Tomasz Napierała <trasz_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 12:29:53 +0200
Wiadomość napisana przez Alfred Perlstein <bright_at_mu.org> w dniu 6 wrz 2013, o godz. 20:18:
> On 9/5/13 3:27 AM, Edward Tomasz Napierała wrote:
>> Hello.  At http://people.freebsd.org/~trasz/cfiscsi-20130904.diff you'll find
>> a patch which adds the new iSCSI initiator and target, against 10-CURRENT.
>> To use the new initiator, start with "man iscsictl".  For the target - "man
>> ctld".
>>
>> All feedback is welcome.  If nothing unexpected comes up, I'll commit it
>> in a few days from now.  Note that it's still not optimized; at this point
>> I'm focusing more on reliability and interoperability.
>>
>> This work is being sponsored by FreeBSD Foundation.

> Edward, this is really exciting!
>
> Is there an easy way to use the userland iscsi configuration files?

Which iSCSI userland configuration files, the ctl.conf(5)?  If you need
an ability to parse it and modify from a shell scripts, see confctl utility
(sysutils/confctl, https://github.com/trasz/confctl/).

> We would love to quickly backport and ship this with FreeNAS as an option for our users, having the config files be the same OR having a very good converter would really make that much easier for us.

Porting to 9 should be quite easy - there are Capsicum API differences;
you might also want to compare CTL between 10 and 9 to see if there are
any changes which need to be merged.  Taking a look at the code searching
for possible security issues would be also very welcome :-)

As for the config files - writing a converter should be quite easy.  Which
configuration files you need to support, ctl.conf(5) and istgt configuration?