Re: Panic in ZFS: solaris assert: dn->dn_datablkshift != 0

From: Steven Hartland <killing_at_multiplay.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 21:02:48 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremie Le Hen" <jlh_at_FreeBSD.org>

> On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 03:17:09PM +0100, Steven Hartland wrote:
>> I believe this was added by this change set:-
>> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=253821
>>
>> Might want to try back out that change and see if everything
>> works after that?
>
> Actually, I already rolled back my kernel to August 1st:
>
> # svn info .
> Repository Root: http://svn0.us-west.freebsd.org/base
> Repository UUID: ccf9f872-aa2e-dd11-9fc8-001c23d0bc1f
> Revision: 253847
> Node Kind: directory
> Schedule: normal
> Last Changed Author: ian
> Last Changed Rev: 253847
> Last Changed Date: 2013-07-31 21:14:00 +0200 (Wed, 31 Jul 2013)
>

> And the problem seems to have gone away.  I could perform a full zfs
> send/receive whereas it would trigger a panic 100% of the time with a
> recent kernel.

I still think r253821 is the cause the reason being is prior to r253996
ASSERTS in ZFS where not actually active in HEAD.

So if you could roll forward but then backout r253821 and confirm this
is indeed the cause that would be a good starting point.

If this is indeed the cause be worth engaging Matthew Ahrens cc'ed to
find out the reasoning behind the new ASSERT why you may be hitting it?

    Regards
    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster_at_multiplay.co.uk.