Re: HEADS UP: OpenSSH with DNSSEC support in 10

From: Ian Lepore <ian_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 07:52:02 -0600
On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 17:00 +0200, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> OpenSSH in FreeBSD 10 is now built with DNSSEC support, unless you
> disable LDNS in src.conf.  If DNSSEC is enabled, the default setting for
> VerifyHostKeyDNS is "yes".  This means that OpenSSH will silently trust
> DNSSEC-signed SSHFP records.  I consider this a lesser evil than "ask"
> (aka "train the user to type 'yes' and hit enter") and "no" (aka "train
> the user to type 'yes' and hit enter without even the benefit of a
> second opinion").
>
> DES

I just ran into a build error related to this:

--- libssh.so.5 ---
building shared library libssh.so.5
/local/build/staging/freebsd/wand/obj/arm.armv6/local/build/staging/freebsd/wand/src/tmp/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lldns
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
*** [libssh.so.5] Error code 1

It only happens in one of my many build sandboxes, so I suspect it's
related to the WITH/WITHOUT options in effect and perhaps also to the
timing of parallel-build stuff.  In the sandbox where it fails I have
WITHOUT_KERBEROS and WITHOUT_PROFILE so I think that changes the timing
of getting to the libssh build.

I find that the attached patch fixes it for me.

-- Ian