Re: Installworld on amd64 fails on libc.a on r255342

From: CyberLeo Kitsana <cyberleo_at_cyberleo.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 18:51:02 -0500
On 09/13/2013 02:46 PM, Eir Nym wrote:
> I get this error for a while, and don't know what to do with.
>
> I build the world, then try to install it into DESTDIR. And at this point I
> always get error that libc.a can't be found.
>
> To eliminate any mistakes in commits I've run snapshot r255342 from FTP in
> VM and build sources it contains.
>
> my building and installing world with following commands:
>
>  # make toolchain buildworld __MAKE_CONF=/dev/null SRCCONF=src.conf
>  # make hierarchy distrib-dirs distribution installworld

Ensure all the variables you define on the make command line are the
same for all invocations of make, unless you're absolutely certain they
don't apply:

make -C /usr/src __MAKE_CONF=/dev/null SRCCONF=/my/src.conf buildworld
make -C /usr/src __MAKE_CONF=/dev/null SRCCONF=/my/src.conf
DESTDIR=/path distrib-dirs distribution installworld

Setting some knobs for buildworld but not for installworld will, at
best, compile things that won't be installed; and, at worst, attempt to
install things that haven't been compiled.

--
Fuzzy love,
-CyberLeo

Furry Peace! - http://www.fur.com/peace/