Installing ports without info files

From: Mattia Rossi <mattia.rossi.mate_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 21:50:02 +0200
Hi all,

I've build a world with the following constraints: -DWITHOUT_INFO
-DWITHOUT_MAN -DWITHOUT_SHAREDOCS -DWITHOUT_EXAMPLES -DWITHOUT_HTML

as I don't need that stuff. Turns out, this prevents tools like
install-info being built.
Now trying to build devel/gettext I can't get it installed, as it always
wants to install info files using install-info, which of course fails.

How do I tell the system not to build info files (or manpages or all of
the stuff above I don't want in the first place) when building ports?

I've tried with "make -DWITHOUT_INFO install" as well as with putting
WITHOUT_INFO=yes in make.conf.

Gettext will still fail to install.
Is this a gettext problem? Or a generic ports problem?

I'm running current on arm (thanks again to freebsd-arm people for
fixing it):
FreeBSD dreamplug 10.0-ALPHA1 FreeBSD 10.0-ALPHA1 #15 r255499M:

It's also not possible to "make index" for INDEX-10 if you use a
stripped-down ports tree (none of the language ports), as there are some
dependencies in the tree to french (cad-astk) and russian (stardict-*)
which obviously can't be resolved.

Help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Mat