Re: Xorg-Radeon

From: Jean-Sébastien Pédron <jean-sebastien.pedron_at_dumbbell.fr>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 15:11:37 +0200
On 17.09.2013 14:51, ajtiM wrote:
> I bult Xorg on iMc, Radeon HD 4850 with ddvd support and "starts"
> works :). The problem is when I exit it stay in black screen. There are
> no errors in Xorg.log.

This is a know issue: our current console implementation, "syscons",
doesn't know about KMS (the new way to driver video cards from the
kernel, not from X.Org itself). Therefore, once you start X.Org, the
console can't use the display anymore, neither during your X session
using Ctrl-Alt-Fx, nor after you exit from X.Org.

However, even if your screen is blank after X exit, the computer doesn't
crash and can be used remotely. This also means you don't have to force
a shutdown: a short press on the power button will shut down the
computer properly.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron