Re: Re: UDP Lite support

From: Kevin Lo <kevlo_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 10:20:53 +0800
On 2014/03/28 00:21, John Baldwin wrote:
>> Thank you for your suggestions.
>>
>>> A few suggestions:
>>>
>>> - I would just drop the INP lock and return EOPNOTSUPP directly rather
>>>     than using goto's to 'bad_setoptname' and 'bad_getoptname' so the
>>>     UDP-lite options are self-contained.
>> Fixed.
> Thanks.
>
>>> - I'm not a super big fan of all the udp_common_* macros only because
>>>     I think it obfuscates things.  At the very least, please move these
>>>     things out of the header and into udp_usrreq.c so they are closer
>>>     to the implementation.  I would even suggest making them inline
>>>     functions instead of macros.
>> Okay, I removed two udp_common_* macros.  I also renamed udp_common_init()
>> to udp_udplite_init() and moved it into udp_usrreq.c.  Using a macro here
>> to follow the style used in SCTP (sctp_os_bsd.h).
>>
>> Here's a third version of the udp-lite patch:
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/udplite.diff
> Ok, I would say that udp_common_init() is actually a better name if you keep
> the macro (which I think is fine) rather than udp_udplite_init() as the macro
> is not specific to UDP Lite.  However, thanks for moving the macros out of the
> header.

Thank you John.  glebius_at_ suggests we don't need to have two absolutely
equal uma zones since most systems don't run UDP-Lite.
If practice shows that a differentiation at zone level between UDP and
UDP-Lite PCBs is important, then it could be done later.

Following up with a fourth version of the udp-lite patch.
http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/udplite.diff

On top of the previous versions, this:
         - removes a uma zone for udp-lite
         - udp_common_ctlinput() belongs under #ifdef INET
         - removes sysctl nodes for udp-lite.
         - bumps version and adds my copyright.

     Kevin