Re: Leaving the Desktop Market

From: Jim Thompson <jim_at_netgate.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 11:12:50 -0500
On Apr 1, 2014, at 6:57 AM, Sean Bruno <seanbru_at_yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> Why even bother?  Its over, just embrace the future and be like this
> happy Mac user:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~sbruno/happy_desktop_user.jpg

I have Macs at work (typing on one now), and a mac at home.  I like them.

I recently installed FreeBSD 10 on an Intel i5 NUC.  16GB ram, and a 120GB m-SATA SSD.
I put a nice keyboard and an old 19” Dell monitor on it, used vidconsole to make the screen
green on black, and a decent resolution.

It’s just like being back in the 80s, when Unix had a desktop market, only much, much faster.