Re: OpenSSL vs. LibreSSL (OpenBSD)

From: Daniel Nebdal <dnebdal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 10:43:32 +0200
On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Matthias Gamsjager
<mgamsjager_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't the latest news that Google&co and the linux foundation setup a
> construction that these vital opensource projects get the proper
> funding. Meaning more man power and hopefully less bugs.

It remains to be seen which of LibreSSL vs a freshly funded OpenSSL
ends up being the better alternative.

If it comes to that, porting LibreSSL to FreeBSD ought to be quick
work; it should be reasonably stand-alone code, and they're working to
remove as many as possible of the weird/old/incompatible bits. It's
not like our and their libc are massively different either, so ...
cautiously optimistic that it'll be a one-day job to get it compiling
on FreeBSD by the time they feel "done". :)

--
Daniel Nebdal