Re: Make variables to force non default libraries and includes?

From: Alfred Perlstein <alfred_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 08:57:02 -0700
On 4/28/14 12:48 AM, Julian Elischer wrote:
> I need to do the equivalent of  "cd /usr/src/cddl/usr.sbin/dtrace;
> make DESTDIR=/mumble all install"
>
> but it pulls in libraries from the base system, which differ slightly
> from those in the source tree.
>
> How can I force it to use /mumble2/include and /mumble2/lib instead of
> / ?
>
> I can pre-populate /mumble2 using "make buildworld", "make libraries",
> and "make includes" but
> I need to be able to do selective builds of just subdirectories after
> that..  I haven't spotted the right way of forcing the use of the
> "--system_root /mumble2" option in the compiles.
>
> I know we do it in 'buildworld' is there a more generic way?
>
> I have been looking in the .mk files but I haven't spotted it so far.

There may be a way to use bsd.*.mk to do this, however we just use
chroots + nullfs mounts.

Basically we buildworld into a directory and then nullfs mount our other
sources under it, then we chroot to that "build".

I recommend doing this (or even using vms) as it's way too easy to
introduce contamination from the host build environment otherwise.

-Alfred