Re: poudriere: setting up jail failes

From: Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 21:11:56 +0200
El día Friday, August 08, 2014 a las 01:43:51PM -0500, Bryan Drewery escribió:

> Yes. For you it is fixed in stable/10 r257460 (which was in before 10.0
> release) which added -N to mtree. There was a lot of polish at the end
> of 10.0 so you should probably upgrade to at least 10.0 either way.
>
> It could be that older releases building 10 and head for Poudriere may
> be an issue still. I'll have to test more. Specifically the call of
> 'make distrib-dirs DB_FROM_SRC=1' seemingly not using the itools version
> of mtree.

This is perhaps the problem.

> Also note that running a head jail on a 10.0 system is not really
> supported. You may run into many weird issues building packages. It's
> supported to have your host be newer than the jails but not the other
> way around.

Hmm? The poudriere has the '-m svn' flag for creating jails. If one uses
this flag, the jail will always be newer than the host. If this is an
issue (which I do not understand if things are done in a jail, using the
toolchain of the jail) then this flag should be deleted from
poudriere, IMHO.

Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru_at_unixarea.de     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail