Re: r270287: crash

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 00:29:13 +0200
On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:02:46 -0400
Marcus Reid <marcus_at_blazingdot.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 09:26:19PM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
> > FreeBSD r270287 crashes/reboots instantanously on loading the
> > kernel. I can not see at what point (on modern systems like Ivy
> > Bridge). On older Core2Duo systems I get a trap 12 in APIC or
> > similar.
>
> Are you using VirtualBox?  I just fixed a crash that fits your
> description by recompiling virtualbox-ose-kmod.
>
> Marcus

I indeed use VirtualBox, but as of this moment, I have disabled the
reason, ALL(!!!!) CURRENT systems (different generatins of hardware,
with or without integrated GPU) show question marks on the screen and
no usefull screen when vt is enabled and in backward vga compatible
mode. This also happens with nVidia dedicated PCIe GPUs as well as with
Ivy Bridge integrated IGP 2500.

The port virtualbox-ose-kmod is compiled everytime I compile a
kernel/kernel mods via
PORTS_MODULES="emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod"
in /etc/src.conf.

This unmature vt stuff starts to bother.