How to get a mouse in vt(4) -- NEWCONS

From: Chris H <bsd-lists_at_bsdforge.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 13:58:35 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings,
 I'm testing 11-CURRENT, and have build/installed a kernel, and world.
The KERNCONF includes both sc, and vt. As I understand it. If both are
included, I get sc, not vt. But all previous kerns I've built that had
sc, provided a mouse upon boot. However, in 11, I don't get one. What
must be done? I'd like to try vt(4), and I've read the man page for
it, and have added:
kern.vty="vt"
in /boot/loader.conf
having done so, does NOT enable mouse support, and turns OFF
cursor="blink" which is defined in rc.conf(5). I also read that
hw.vga.textmode is available. However
sysctl hw.vga.textmode
returns unknown oid. I would choose graphics (0) if it was available.
But appears not.

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--Chris