Re: [CFT] pkg 1.4.0 rc2

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 19:13:56 +0100
On Sat, Dec 06, 2014 at 06:23:21PM +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a simple question:
>
> Does "pkg upgrade" automatically lock packages which are not available
> or cannot be built?
>
> I recently did a "pkg upgrade" and found myself without a working
> libreoffice ... 9-stable amd64

Nope it does not and will be very very hard to do it properly, the problem was
that some libraries are now dropping (upstream) support for gcc 4.2 which
resulted in libreoffice not being built, he said libraries was reverted to the
ancient version so next package build should have libreoffice again.

regards,
Bapt