Re: [CFT] pkg 1.4.0 rc2

From: Willem Jan Withagen <wjw_at_digiware.nl>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 23:34:59 +0100
On 6-12-2014 13:40, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have released a new 1.4.0 rc2 version of pkg (available in
> ports-mgmt/pkg-devel) since first beta it has received tons of bug fixes and
> should be now way more reliable and able to handle ootb without mistakes
> upgrades like the gettext one and the perl one.
>
> All reported issues should have been fixed since.
>
> Please test that new version I would like to make it the final release if
> possible.

I missed the previous announcement, but this is "bothering" me for some
time already....

I'm using this simple cronic script to reduce traffic from scripts with
nothing serious to report. But pkg still triggers:
-----
# sudo cronic pkg audit -F
Cronic detected failure or error output for the command:
pkg audit -F

RESULT CODE: 0

ERROR OUTPUT:
pkg: vulnxml file up-to-date
------

And I wonder why this informational message is reported on STDERR, and
other real problems on STDOUT...

------
sudo cronic pkg audit
Cronic detected failure or error output for the command:
pkg audit

RESULT CODE: 1

ERROR OUTPUT:

STANDARD OUTPUT:
phpMyAdmin-4.2.13 is vulnerable:
phpMyAdmin -- XSS and DoS vulnerabilities
CVE: CVE-2014-9219
CVE: CVE-2014-9218
WWW: http://portaudit.FreeBSD.org/c9c46fbf-7b83-11e4-a96e-6805ca0b3d42.html

1 problem(s) in the installed packages found.
------

I would atleast to have case 1) also write to STDOUT.
And perhaps have case 2) report on STDERR.

--WjW