Re: nvidia-driver fails to load gui

From: Johannes Dieterich <dieterich.joh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:39:32 +0100
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Shawn Webb <lattera_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Henry Hu <henry.hu.sh_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Shawn Webb <lattera_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> and

> the
> >>>

> >> I haven't tried the other outputs. My primary output will be the
> internal
> >> LCD. What would it take to get it to work?
> >>

> > Wait for the kernel driver update which would support Haswell graphics?
> >

> Who's in charge of that? I've pinged kib_at_ privately with no reply. Is
> there
> a patchset that I can help test out on 11-current? What's the status? I'd
> love to help get the Haswell update out the door, especially now that I
> have multiple systems running Haswell.

you may be aware, there was
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2014-October/052532.html
(and v2 of the patch) from kib_at_ that I and others gave a spin. The second
version worked fine for me (including xorg-experimental repo w/ the Intel
3.0beta driver). Note however that this does not really include Haswell
support according to kib_at_  but he seems to run it on a Haswell system.
Maybe this helps?

Other than that, I have heard to news (and I am eager to test...).

HTH

Johannes