Re: Buildworld fails due to WITHOUT_CRYPT (3 issues)

From: Scot Hetzel <swhetzel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 04:21:08 -0600
On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 3:45 AM, Beeblebrox <zaphod_at_berentweb.com> wrote:
> I plan on using openssl from ports and have no need for kerberos.
> /etc/src.conf >> WITHOUT_CRYPT= yes

Instead of using WITHOUT_CRYPT, you could have used WITHOUT_KERBEROS.

> * I would prefer being able to use SSH from world (instead of dropbear), but that seems impossible when openssl is disabled.

Using WITHOUT_KERBEROS would allow SSH and other programs built from
world to use the base openssl.

You can still install openssl from ports.  Set WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes
in /etc/make.conf to allow the ports to use the openssl port instead
of the openssl from source.

--
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.