Re: Apple Trackpad driver

From: Danilo E. Gondolfo <danilo_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 22:10:20 -0200
On 01/31/14 21:45, 黄文辉_at_Gmail wrote:
> Hi Hans,
> Yes,  I wrote wsp base on atp(4) and bcm5974.c from Linux. Of course we can add a notice about that. Table and some structure bt_data, tp_finger from Linux, I only wrote wsp_intr_callback base on usbdump, all other part should be belong to Hans.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Huang Wen Hui
>
>> 在 2014年2月1日,6:49,Hans Petter Selasky <hps_at_bitfrost.no> 写道:

>>> Good work!
>>>
>>> I noticed that your driver is based on the Linux driver [1] and some
>>> pieces of code are copied, are you sure that we won't have any problems
>>> with license?
>>>
>>> These changes can be (should be) merged in the driver atp(4), no?
>>>
>>> Danilo.
>>>

>>> [1] - http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/input/mouse/bcm5974.c
>> Hi,
>>
>> It looks to me like some tables have been copied. We probably should add a notice about that. The rest of the code looks OK to me.
>>
>> Huang, any comments?
>>
>> --HPS

Hello,

And what about keeping these two driver? (atp and wsp)
Both has the same purpose. Wouldn't be better merge the new code on atp?

On freebsd-drivers_at_ the author of the atp driver started a thread about
this [1].

Danilo.

[1] -
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-drivers/2014-January/001659.html