Re: Apple Trackpad driver

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hps_at_bitfrost.no>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 08:07:15 +0100
On 01/31/14 21:30, Danilo E. Gondolfo wrote:
> I noticed that your driver is based on the Linux driver [1] and some
> pieces of code are copied, are you sure that we won't have any problems
> with license?

Hi,

Hence Huang has only copied so-called "header file contents", I think
this should be fine. I've anyhow added a notice about that. I'll clear
any issues directly with Greg Kroah-Hartman. The GPLv2 is clear that
such contents is so-called "unrestricted". Se chapter 5.

Regarding the parts re-used from existing FreeBSD input drivers, this is
the way we should write drivers, by trying to re-use existing well
written and working device drivers. What Huang has done is perfectly
fine with with me.

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/261343

--HPS