RFC: deprecation of nve(4) in 10-STABLE and removal from 11-CURRENT

From: Christian Brueffer <brueffer_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 14:56:37 +0100
Hi,

for some time now we have had two drivers for NVIDIA NForce/MCP network
chips, namely nve(4) and nfe(4).

The former came first and is based on a binary blob.  The latter was
later ported from OpenBSD and is blob-free.

nfe(4) supports all chips nve(4) supports, in addition to all the newer
hardware.  In essence, nfe(4) has been the de-facto standard driver for
a long time.  nve(4) has been commented out in GENERIC since 2007.

For this reason I propose deprecating nve(4) in 10-STABLE and removing
it from HEAD.

Does anyone see a reason not to do this?

Cheers,

Christian (wearing my best asbestos suit)