netstat: sysctl: net.route.0.0.dump.0: Cannot allocate memory

From: Ian FREISLICH <ianf_at_clue.co.za>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 09:57:38 +0200
Hi

While recieving my routing table I used to be able to check how far
it got by counting the output netstat -rn.  It takes about 2 seconds
to recieve the routes from my route-server, but over a minute to
update the kernel routing table.

I'm now getting this error until zebra completes route insertion.

[firewall1.jnb1] ~ $ netstat -rn |wc -l
netstat: sysctl: net.route.0.0.dump.0: Cannot allocate memory
       1
[firewall1.jnb1] ~ $ netstat -rn |wc -l
  480446

Is there a sysctl that controls this?  There's lots of free memory
(14GB).  I've tuned other limits to stop dummynet crashing which
may have affected this, but in the absence of any documentation of
which mbuf sysctls affect dummynet I'm shooting in the dark:

net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass=0
net.inet.ip.dummynet.io_fast=1
net.inet.ip.dummynet.hash_size=1024
net.pf.states_hashsize="1048576"