Re: firebox build fails post clang-3.4 merge

From: Don Lewis <truckman_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:57:46 -0800 (PST)
On 26 Feb, Michael Butler wrote:
> On 02/18/14 12:10, Michael Butler wrote:
>> Is anyone else seeing firefox failing to install after the clang-3.4
>> merge? As in xpcshell dumping core ..
>
> An update ..
>
> Recompiling with GCC48 on -current yields the same result. Seems to run
> correctly when invoked from the command-line but seg-faults with "errno
> = 4" (invalid instruction) from the build
>
> Giving up and using the Linux port .. :-(

I've also seen this problem with clang-3.4 on i386.  It looks like a
clang bug to me.  Clang is putting ud2 instructions in its output which
are guaranteed to fault when it compiles nsAppRunner.cpp.  See
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=187103>.

I tried compiling the offending file with gcc46 and didn't see the
problem in the assembly output.