Re: FreeBSD 10.0-RC5 Now Available

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 21:26:31 -0800
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 9:26 PM, john hood <cgull_at_glup.org> wrote:

> On 1/9/14 10:52 PM, Allan Jude wrote:
>
>> Another user had this problem this morning, try reinstalling or
>> recompiling hald
>>
> I had this too today.  There's an easier, lamer workaround:
>
> Put
>
>   moused_nondefault_enable="NO"
>
> in your /etc/rc.conf, and unplug/plug your USB mouse (or kill moused), and
> restart your X server or login manager.  This costs you 1 mouse pointer in
> text mode.

I had the same issue when I tried to install FreeBSD 10.0-RC5 on a desktop
system with a USB mouse.  I installed all the packages via the 'pkg'
command.

Your workaround worked for me.
This seems to be a known issue because it has been mentioned elsewhere:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2013-September/044594.html

Is this workaround necessary in the future, or is there a newer precompiled
hald package which solves this
so that you dont need to set moused_nondefault_enable in /etc/rc.conf?

--
Craig