[CFT] xboxfb with vt(9) (a.k.a. newcons)

From: Ed Schouten <edschouten_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 23:35:39 +0000
Hello there,

On Wed Jan 15 2014 at 1:43:56 PM, Aleksandr Rybalko <ray_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> I've just committed update to xboxfb driver for vt(9). But I have no HW
> to test on. So if anybody have HW and time/wish to test it, please help
> me.

As I also mentioned to you privately, I think it might actually be wiser to
just drop Xbox support entirely. The Xbox support was a funny thing back
then, but I suspect it has actually outlived its usefulness.

The original Xbox only has a 733 MHz Celeron CPU, 64 MB of RAM and a 10 GB
harddisk. I don't think there are that many people left who want to run
FreeBSD 11 on it.

Thoughts?

Ed