Re: Instant panic CAM or USB subsystem

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 12:07:21 -0800
On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 09:53:52AM -0800, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> John Baldwin wrote this message on Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 12:32 -0500:
> > It seems a bit odd that it thinks your phone is a CD player.
>
> I've seen a phone that acts like that, they use it to present software
> (like sync) for install on the desktop...

Yes, that appears to be the problem.  Under Windows, the phone
shows 3 filesystems and the problematic one reports CDFS.  I
should note that I've plugged this phone into this laptop
for a few years without any issues.  I unfortunately updated
a circa Aug 2013 freebsd-current to a week old -current.  It
has not been a pleasant experience.  Unzipping or untarring
a large compressed archive onto a USB mounted hard drive
renders the system unusable for minutes at a time. unzip
and bsdtar are stuck in getblk or wdrain for 30 to 60
seconds.  System recovers for a few seconds then get stuck
again.  Rinse and repeat.  I'm not sure if it is a UFS2
or USB or some other change.

--
Steve