Re: [OT] ta-spring

From: David Chisnall <theraven_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:16:44 +0000
On 29 Jan 2014, at 15:08, Michael Schmiedgen <schmiedgen_at_gmx.net> wrote:

> Can we expect a current version of spring in ports soon? That would
> be nice! AFAIK newer versions require OpenMP. Will this compile with
> our (new 3.4 soon) base clang?

Base clang doesn't support OpenMP.  We should probably import Intel's Clang fork into ports:

http://clang-omp.github.io

This can then be used to compile things that need both libc++ and OpenMP.  Intel's OpenMP runtime is permissively licensed now, but will likely require a small amount of porting to get it to work on FreeBSD (it supports Linux and OS X).

David