Re: freebsd and utf-8 directory names

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 10:09:04 -0700
On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 06:53:31PM +0200, dt71_at_gmx.com wrote:
> Steve Kargl wrote, On 07/01/2014 18:34:
> >As far as coaching, I'll give you
> > the secret to how I started fixing libm:
> >
> > step 1.  Obtain src/
> > step 2.  Read relevent files in src/
> > step 3.  Find problem.
> > step 4.  Search literature.
> > step 5.  Fix problem.
> > step 6.  Submit patch
> >       6a. Receive review of patch.
> >       6b. Fix patch based on review.
> >       6c. Resubmit patch.
> > [[step 7. commit patch]
> > step 8.  goto step 2.
>
> In other words, "You, the general user, should learn the art
> of operating system development (on your own) for the sole
> purpose of being able to fix the bug yourself."

No. In other words, "If fixing the bug is so important to you
that it must be fixed, then perhaps, you should take the initiative
to learn enough to fix the bug."

Or, in other other words, "Give a man a fish, he eats for a day;
teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime."

Finally, as a general user, it is often counter-productive to
include vailed invectives in your emails to a public list.  See
for example: "Poke the FreeBSD developers to start fixing bugs,
maybe (but not very likely) that will help."  Sheesh, as if
FreeBSD developer never fix any bugs.

--
Steve