RE: freebsd and utf-8 directory names

From: M&S - Krasznai András <Krasznai.Andras_at_mands.hu>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 08:04:48 +0200
Ok, I wrote yesterday that I will test it (again, I would say, because when I recognised the problem I did some testing.  I picked up the FreeBSD Handbook and repeated the procedure listed in the "localization" section - with no success or at most half success).

Naturally I may have made mistake, may have omitted some steps,  but I will repeat.

anyway, the whole thing started as working in a Windows environment I wanted to setup FreeBSD as a second operating system on my laptop, and I wanted to be able to do my work using freebsd only.

The partitioning was done originally from Windows, Fat32 was formatted from Windows 7, and I use fat32 because when I started to use FreeBSD the NTFS support in FreeBSD was only for reading.

The directory structure was created from windows, most of the files are various documents created either by me or my colleaugues and most of them are in some of Microsoft document format for compatibility reasons (I mean compatibility with my colleaugues).

rgds

András Krasznai