Re: uefi boot on Apple Mac

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 10:13:24 -0400
On 24 May 2014 19:39, Rafael EspĂ­ndola <rafael.espindola_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I got that in the mac laptops I tried, it worked on a Mac Pro. It
> might be the frame buffer corruption that Ed Maste was mentioning.

I purchased a new MacBook Air yesterday (model identifier
MacBookAir6,2).  UEFI boot and vt(4) worked correctly.  (My image
included Rafael's patch; I haven't tried a boot without.)

I also committed a change to display the framebuffer parameters
(address, dimensions, etc.) on boot, in order to help identify the
source of this issue.  If you have a moment can you build a new USB
stick image and give it a try?

-Ed