VT and kms is broken on a Lenovo Thinkpad E530

From: Daniel Peyrolon <tuchalia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 16:32:31 +0200
Hello there, I have both and a end-of-June installed kernels (the second at
/boot/kernel.old), and somehow, the console stops working when it changes
its mode.
I'm using the most recent one, I installed xdm and I'm running xorg over
here, without problems.

The problems arise when I try to use the console, the screen just shows a
static image of the last xorg frame, with some weird colors.
What info do you need to fix this?

--
Daniel