Re: Future of pf / firewall in FreeBSD ? - does it have one ?

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 13:06:52 +0200
On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 03:22:18PM -0400, Allan Jude wrote:
> On 2014-07-18 15:07, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > On 18 July 2014 07:34, krad <kraduk_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >> that is true and I have not problem using man pages, however thats not the
> >> way most of the world work and search engines arent exactly new either. We
> >> should be trying to engage more people not less, and part of that is
> >> reaching out.
> >
> > Then do the port and maintain it.
> >
> > The problem isn't the desire to keep things up to date, it's a lack of
> > people who want that _and_ are willing/able to do it _and_ are funded
> > somehow.
> >
> > So, please step up! We'll all love you for it.
> >

> > -a
> >

> At vBSDCon Bapt_at_ volunteered to port the newer pf back to FreeBSD, after
> spending some hours driving with Henning.

I tried and broke pf for month and my changes have been reverted, this is not as
simple as it looks like, our code as diverge a lot in some part and we do
support things that openbsd does not (vimage). Sync features requires us to
be very careful, my priorities went elsewhere since that time, so now I will
probably only focus on bringing features I care about, and not the entirely new pf.

So no do not count me as volunteer to maintain pf, I ll probably do some work
but not a full sync.

Bapt