Re: Future of pf / firewall in FreeBSD ? - does it have one ?

From: krad <kraduk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 12:18:54 +0100
all of that is true, but you are missing the point. Having two versions of
pf on the bsd's at the user level, is a bad thing. It confuses people,
which puts them off. Its a classic case of divide an conquer for other
platforms. I really like the idea of the openpf version, that has been
mentioned in this thread. It would be awesome if it ended up as a supported
linux thing as well, so the world could be rid of iptables. However i guess
thats just an unrealistic dream