Re: Future of pf / firewall in FreeBSD ? - does it have one ?

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 11:15:46 +0800
On 7/20/14, 12:36 PM, Darren Pilgrim wrote:

> The vast majority of people don't know pf is outdated and broken on
> FreeBSD because they don't know what they're missing and likely
> aren't using IPv6 yet.
s/IPv6/pf/
Most people I talk to just use ipfw and couldn't care whether pf lives
or dies.  They have simple requirements and almost any filter would
suffice.  I haven't found anything I'd want to use pf for that ipfw
doesn't allow me to do. There are things pf does that ipfw doesn't...
I just never want them..