Re: clang assertion failure+coredump in clang 3.4.1

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:55:27 +0200
On 22 Jul 2014, at 00:34, Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk_at_MIT.EDU> wrote:
> Building some out-of-tree software with a rather long set of compiler flags, I can reliably get our clang to crash.
> The system is current as of r267362 (June 11), with clang reporting itself as FreeBSD clang version 3.4.1 (tags/RELEASE_34/dot1-final 208032) 20140512
> Target: x86_64-unknown-freebsd11.0
> (freefall's clang crashes as well.)
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have debug symbols around for that clang binary.
> If someone does have a clang with debug symbols handy, I'd be interested in seeing the backtrace.
>
> The processed source file and invocation shell script may be found at:
> http://web.mit.edu/kaduk/Public/clang/dumptool-09e584.c    (1.1M)
> http://web.mit.edu/kaduk/Public/clang/dumptool-09e584.sh

Hi Ben,

I was able to reproduce the assertion, even with clang trunk.  It is
apparently caused by the implementation of the -Wconsumed warning, which
is enabled in your case because you had used -Weverything.

I have reported an upstream bug with a reduced test case here:

http://llvm.org/PR20402

Meanwhile, you can work around the assertion by adding -Wno-consumed to
your compilation flags.

-Dimitry