Re: Future of pf / firewall in FreeBSD ? - does it have one ?

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_komquats.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:18:51 -0700
In message <CAJ-Vmo=_vLkMZn02EPUmpvqugcT8ga1_Kqs=XU49SGUNGEO0Pw_at_mail.gmail.c
om>
, Adrian Chadd writes:
> On 18 July 2014 07:34, krad <kraduk_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > that is true and I have not problem using man pages, however thats not the
> > way most of the world work and search engines arent exactly new either. We
> > should be trying to engage more people not less, and part of that is
> > reaching out.
>
> Then do the port and maintain it.
>
> The problem isn't the desire to keep things up to date, it's a lack of
> people who want that _and_ are willing/able to do it _and_ are funded
> somehow.

Funding is the issue. Sure, some of us maintain software because a personal
need however without funding one has to fit maintaining software into
whatever time is left. For those of us who do this without funding you
manage to squeeze in an hour here or there.

> So, please step up! We'll all love you for it.

Many hands make light work.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_komquats.com>