Select() vs Netmap

From: Fred Pedrisa <fredhps10_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 13:38:34 -0300
Hey, guys.

I'm currently experiencing a strange issue in my program (Using netmap).

Sometimes, when I call select() in a FD, it gets like 4~8 packets per event,
however suddenly it drops to 1~2 packets per event, losing a lot of
performance and increasing the number of select calls necessary to poll the
NIC for new packets.

Is there any type of tweak I can do, to make this behavior becomes linear
and sustain the performance in such case without these oscillations ?

The behavior happens under the same stressing circumstances, around 1.4
Mpps~ (64 byte packets).

Sincerely,

Fred