Re: official pkg repo with WITHOUT_X11=true

From: Ollivier Robert <roberto_at_keltia.freenix.fr>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 17:12:07 +0200
According to David Chisnall on Thu, May 29, 2014 at 10:19:41AM +0100:
> We can probably do a bit better by looking at the complete dependency graph and removing any ports that have unconditional dependencies on X.  For a headless server, there's no reason to build any of the kde-* or gnome-* ports or, indeed, X itself.  I suspect that we could easily trim 2/3 of the build time by omitting ports that have a GUI, GUI toolkits, and so on.

May I disagree?  The only thing you don't need on an headless server is X itself.  I might want to run firefox on that server, the display taken into account in the client machine (e.g. through ssh -X).

Or did I missed something?

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto_at_keltia.net
In memoriam to Ondine, our 2nd child: http://ondine.keltia.net/