Re: jail sockstat shows gdnc, gdomap, casperd as enabled

From: Beeblebrox <zaphod_at_berentweb.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 02:22:48 -0700 (PDT)
I had installed mail/gnumail for testing and figuring out whether I wanted
to use the thing. It had some GUI display + flickering problems, so I never
really got around to trying it. This program however, had installed a whole
slew of GNUstep-* ports - I decided to just get rid of the damned thing and
removed all those dependent binaries. The problem cleared up on host and in
the jails.

It seems GNUstep took the liberty of starting up as several threads on host
as well, and I assume it probably has a "listen on all IPs" sort of like
ntpd does.

A caveat for future testers of mail/gnumail: It's a nasty little SOB!

Regards.

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS