Re: Turning TESTS on by default

From: Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 02:15:06 +0300
On Sun, Jun 08, 2014 at 04:36:45PM -0400, Glen Barber wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 08, 2014 at 01:33:31PM -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > Now, as for how much bloat it adds to the CD images...
> >

> Enough that it will be turned off for the CDs.

I wanted to answer that we should split the question into two,
one is whether to enable tests installation by default for buildworld
(and I answered no there), another is whether to ship tests with the
installation media, both on releases and snapshots.

I think that we should do the later, if not on CD, then on DVD and for
ftp installs.  This would mean that there is one more customization
for the release build process, but I do not think that the release
build structure requires significant changes.