Re: Turning TESTS on by default

From: Julio Merino <jmmv_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 18:10:01 +0100
On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Glen Barber <gjb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> After reviewing Julio's proposed changes, I realize that there is a way
> to avoid populating /usr/tests when building the on-disc filesystem.
> I think this will also apply to the WITH_DEBUG_FILES=1 case mentioned.
>
> It seems I cannot apply an update to another differential review (or
> I am just doing it wrong), so have created a new differential here:
>
>     https://phabric.freebsd.org/D202

Thanks for testing and for the feedback.

All raised issues should now be resolved:

- installworld now works again with read-only src and object trees.
- The test suite is shipped as a separate tests.txz file that users
can choose to not install.
- Release media do not include the test suite in them.