Re: 11.0-CURRENT #1 r267422: OpenLDAP fails to startup out of the blue after buildworld

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 00:47:37 +0200
Am Thu, 12 Jun 2014 22:51:18 +0100
Matthew Seaman <matthew_at_FreeBSD.org> schrieb:

> On 12/06/2014 22:37, Steven Hartland wrote:
> > According to that useless "suggestion" to restore from backup, I
> > restored the configuration and the users from backups. slapadd works
> > fine. But then starting the server fails again.
>
> What user ID did you use to run slapadd as?  It's a common mistake to do
> that as root, and then end up with stuff in /var/db/openldap owned by
> root, rather than ldap.  Or the contents of
> ${LOCALBASE}/etc/openldap/slapd.d
>
> Fix is just to chown those two directories to ldap:ldap
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

I did this change, but as I reported just a minute ago, there was another issue with a
hidden syntax problem regarding MDB and HDB (leftover olcDbXXX object specifiers and a
nasty typo). The problems played "Ringelpiez" with me and so I turned in circles trying
to catch up.

Problem solved! Was homebrewn. I edited the LDIF files for the config when I changed from
HDB backend to MDB backend and somehow I had some terrible typos and syntax faults which
where triggered now (and I do not know why, but I do not ask anymore).

Thanks.

Oliver